Would you like to:
- Read Figure/Ground's interview with me
- Read my Ereignis interview (or read it in Spanish)
- Read my "Martin Heidegger, A Philosophical Snapshot" from the Philosophers' Magazine
- Read my translation of Heidegger's Last Seminar
- Listen to Heidegger on Parmenides and read along
- Email me! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read about me on the UNM Philosophy Faculty page
- Listen to the Heidegger Song
- Get information about my latest book:
Heidegger, Art, and Postmodernity
University Press, 2011)
It can also be ordered from
- Get information about
on Ontotheology: Technology and the Politics of
University Press, 2005)
It can also be ordered from
& Noble or Amazon.com
- Read some of my other publications:
- Read my entry on "Heidegger's Aesthetics" for the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- "Transcendence and the Problem of Otherworldly Nihilism: Taylor, Heidegger, Nietzsche". Inquiry 54:2 (2011), pp. 140-59.
- "Rethinking Levinas on Heidegger on Death," The Harvard Review of Philosophy, Vol. XVI (Fall 2009), pp. 23-43.
- "Phenomenology and Technology," in Stig Andur Pedersen, Jan-Kyrre Berg Olsen, and Vincent F. Hendricks, eds., A Companion to Philosophy of Technology (Oxford: Blackwell, 2009), pp. 195-201.
- My review of Santiago Zabala's The Remains of Being
- "‘Even Better than the Real Thing’? Postmodernity, the Triumph of the Simulacra, and U2," in Mark A. Wrathall, ed., U2 and Philosophy: How to Decipher an Atomic Band (Chicago and La Salle: Open Court, 2006), pp. 73-95.
- "Understanding Technology Ontotheologically, or: The Danger and the Promise of Heidegger, an American Perspective," in Jan-Kyrre Berg Olsen, Evan Selinger, and Søren Riis, eds., New Waves in the Philosophy of Technology (New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2009), pp. 146-66.
- "On the Advantages and Disadvantages of Reading Heidegger Backward: White's Time and Death," Inquiry 50:1 (2007), pp. 103-120.
- My review of Miguel de Beistegui's The New Heidegger in Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews, September 9, 2006.
- "Deconstructing the Hero," in Jeff
McLaughlin, ed., Comics as Philosophy (Jackson: University Press of Mississippi, 2005), pp. 100-129.
- "Heidegger's Perfectionist Philosophy of Education in Being and Time,"
Continental Philosophy Review 37:4 (2004 [August 2005]), pp. 439-467.
- "Ontology and Ethics at the Intersection of Phenomenology and Environmental Philosophy," Inquiry 47:4 (2004), 380-412.
- "Interpretation as Self-Creation: Nietzsche on the Pre-Platonics," Ancient Philosophy 23:1 (2003), pp. 195-213.
- "The Philosophical Fugue: Understanding the Structure and Goal of Heidegger's Beiträge," Journal of the British Society for Phenomenology 34:1 (2003), pp. 57-73.
- "From the Question Concerning Technology to the Quest for a Democratic Technology: Heidegger, Marcuse, Feenberg," Inquiry 43:2 (2000), 203-16.
- "Can I Die? Derrida on Heidegger on Death," Philosophy Today 43:1 (1999), 29-42.
- "The Silence of the Limbs: Critiquing Culture from a Heideggerian Understanding of the Work of Art," Enculturation 2:1 (1998).