Media contact: Susan McKinsey, 277-1989
(cell) 362-5530, email@example.com
December 8, 2006
UNM Regents to Meet December 12
The University of New Mexico Board of Regents will conduct its next regular meeting on Tuesday, December 12, 2006, beginning at 9 a.m. in ballroom B of the Student Union Building on the UNM main campus.
In addition to its regular meeting, the Board will go into an Executive Session at 11:30 a.m. on December 12 in the Sandia Room of the Student Union Building.
- Confirmation of a Quorum: Adoption of the Agenda
- Approval of Summarized Minutes of the November 14, 2006 Board of Regents Meeting
- Public Comment
- Administrative Report, David Harris, Acting President
- Comments from Regents Advisors
Dr.Virginia Shipman, Faculty Senate
David Groth, President, Staff Council
Joseph Garcia, President, GPSA
Brittany Jaeger, President, ASUNM
Roberto Ortega, President, UNM Alumni Association
Robert Bovinette, Chair, UNM Foundation
- Comments from Regents
- Consent Agenda
From Finance & Facilities Committee
- Meeting Summary from October 18, 2006
- Disposition of Surplus Property on List Dated October 31, 2006
- STC Board of Director Appointment
- Contract Approval: UNMH – First Choice Community Health Care
- Approval of:
- Architect Selection for Native American Living and Learning Center
- Architect Selection for Expansion and Renovation of University Arena
- UNMH Cath Laboratory Renovations
- Lease with Option to Purchase of the Former Social Security Building
- Approval for Commercial Development of UNM Land
- Approval of Fiscal Watch Report
- UNM West @ Rio Rancho, Campus Planning & Vision Study, Roger Schluntz
- Mesa del Sol Film School Update, Michael Daly and Dr. Christopher Mead
- Report – Academic Excellence in Intercollegiate Athletics, Breda Bova
- Approval of Resolution re: ASM Audit and Compliance with Policies
- The Annual Meeting of the Regents of The University of New Mexico as the Member of Lobo Energy Inc.
- Approval of Summarized Minutes of the December 13, 2005 BOR Meeting
- Approval of External Audit for FY ending June 30, 2006
- Executive Session : Vote to close the meeting and to proceed in Executive Session (11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.)
- Discussion and determination where appropriate of limited personnel matters pursuant to Section 10-15- 1.H (2) NMSA (1978).
- Discussion and determination where appropriate of matters subject to attorney-client privilege pertaining to threatened or pending litigation, pursuant to Section 10-15-1.H (7), NMSA (1978).
- Discussion and determination where appropriate of purchase, acquisition or disposal of real estate pursuant to Section 10-15-1 H (8), NMSA. (1978).
- Vote to re-open the meeting.
- Certification that only those matters described in Agenda Item XIII were discussed in Executive Session and if necessary, ratification of actions, if any, taken in executive Session
- HSC – Health Sciences
- Executive Vice President’s Report, John Trotter, Acting EVP-HSC
- Approval for Revision to UNM Hospital Service League Bylaws, Steve McKernan
- HSC Legislative Requests, Carlos Romero
- Capital Outlay Status Reports
- Regular monthly report on HSC Education Building, Mary Kenney
- Regular monthly report on CRTC – II Building, Mary Kenney
- Regular monthly report on UNM Hospital Expansion, Steve McKernan
- Hospitals – Pavilion Mobilization Plan, Steve McKernan
- Patient Satisfaction Scores and Action Plan, Jewel Washington
- HSC Financial Report (through July 2006), Ava Lovell
- Medicaid Expansion Impact, Ava Lovell
- Health Sciences Center – AIPC Report, Steve McKernan
- UNM Hospitals Financial Dashboard Report, Ella Watt
- Regent Committee Reports
Academic/Student Affairs & Research Committee, Raymond Sanchez, Chair
Approval of Fall 2006 Degree Candidates
Finance and Facilities Committee, John “Mel” Eaves, Chair
- Contract for Acting President David Harris
- Approval of Permanent Appointments and Reappointments for Medical Staff
A copy of the agenda will be available at the Zimmerman Library Reserve Desk and at University Communication and Marketing (Cornell Parking Structure) at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. The agenda will also be available on the UNM web page at http://www.unm.edu/news/Regents'Agendas.htm no later than 24 hours before the meeting.
Individuals with disabilities in need of a reader, amplifier, qualified signed language interpreter or any other form of auxiliary aid or service to attend or participate in a Board of Regents meeting should contact University Communication and Marketing. Public documents, including the agenda and minutes, can be provided in various accessible formats and individuals who need accessible formats should also contact University Communication and Marketing.