Media Contact: Susan McKinsey, 277-1989
(cell) 362-5530 email@example.com
November 3, 2006
UNM Regents' Academic, Student Affairs & Research Committee Meets Nov. 7
The Academic, Student Affairs and Research Committee of the University of New Mexico Board of Regents will meet Tuesday, November 7, 2006, at 1:30 p.m. in the Roberts Room, rm 260, of Scholes Hall on the UNM main campus.
In addition to the three Regents who are members of this Committee, other Regents may attend this meeting in a non-voting capacity.
- Call to Order
- Approval of Summarized Minutes from Previous Meeting (September 12, 2006)
- Public Open Comment Forum (public input will be received at the beginning of the committee meeting and limited to 15 minutes)
- Comments from Regents' Advisors (Presidents of ASUNM & GPSA)
- Provost's Report (Reed Dasenbrock, Provost & Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs)
- Vice President for Student Affairs Report (Eliseo Torres, Vice President)
- Vice President for Research Report (Terry Yates, Vice President)
- Action Items
- Approval of Summer 2006 Degree Candidates (Reed Dasenbrock, Provost & EVP for Academic Affairs)
- Approval of Posthumous Degree for Cynthia Young (Virgininia Shipman, Faculty Senate President)
- Approval of Associate of Science in Emergency Medical Service (Alice Letteney, Executive Director, Valencia Branch Campus)
- Organizational Structure for UNM West (Reed Dasenbrock, Provost & EVP for Academic Affairs)
- Recommendations for Consent Agenda Items on full Board Agenda (Regent Raymond Sanchez)
- Information Items
- How We Ban an Individual From Campus (Randy Boeglin, Dean of Students; Melanie Baise, Assoc. Univ. Counsel; Kathy Guimond, Chief of Police; Rob Burford, Judicial Affairs Specialist)
- Report on Special Programs (Tim Gutierrez, AVP for College Enrichment & Outreach Programs)
- A/SA Management Dashboard – Undergraduate Student Profile & Undergraduate Student Success ( Peter White, Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education & Dean of University College ; Terry Babbitt, AVP for Enrollment Management; Mark Chisholm, Director of Institutional Research)
A copy of the agenda will be available at University Communication and Marketing (Cornell Parking Structure) at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. The agenda will also be available on the UNM web page at http://www.unm.edu/news/Regents'Agendas.htm no later than 24 hours before the meeting.
Individuals with disabilities in need of a reader, amplifier, qualified signed language interpreter or any other form of auxiliary aid or service to attend or participate in a Board of Regents meeting should contact University Communication and Marketing. Public documents, including the agenda and minutes, can be provided in various accessible formats and individuals who need accessible formats should also contact University Communication and Marketing.