Media contact: Susan McKinsey, 277-1989
(cell) 362-5530, firstname.lastname@example.org
January 5, 2007
UNM Regents to Meet January 9
The University of New Mexico Board of Regents will conduct its next regular meeting on Tuesday, January 9, 2007, beginning at 9 a.m. in ballroom B of the Student Union Building on the UNM main campus.
In addition to its regular meeting, the Board will go into an Executive Session at 11:30 a.m. on January 9 in the Sandia Room of the Student Union Building.
- Confirmation of a Quorum: Adoption of the Agenda
- Approval of Summarized Minutes of the December 12, 2006 Board of Regents Meeting
- Administrative Report, David Harris, Acting President
- Comments from Regents Advisors
Dr.Virginia Shipman, Faculty Senate
David Groth, President, Staff Council
Joseph Garcia, President, GPSA
Brittany Jaeger, President, ASUNM
Roberto Ortega, President, UNM Alumni Association
Robert Bovinette, Chair, UNM Foundation
- Comments from Regents
- Consent Agenda
From Finance & Facilities Committee
- Disposition of Surplus Property on List Dated 11/30/06
- Approval of STC.UNM Annual Report to the Board of Regents and Audit Report
- Approval of Budget Adjustments – Beginning Balances
- Contract Approval for UNMH GE Medical
- Approval of:
- Architect Selection for Additions and Renovations for the Harwood Museum of Art
- Zimmerman Library: Basement Floor Fire Damage Rebuild
- Albuquerque Institute for Mathematics and Science
- Seidler Natatorium Pool Refurbishment
- Early Childhood Development Center for Taos Branch Campus
- University Counsel Approval of Outside Counsel used by University Units
- Next Step: Proposal for Master Planning UNM West, Lease Space and Parking
- Final Approval of Resolution re: ASM Audit and Compliance with Policy
- HSC – Health Sciences, Regent Fortner, Chair
- Approval of Permanent Appointments and Reappointments for Medical Staff
- Carrie Tingley Advisory Board Nomination
- UNMH Dashboard Report
- UNMH CEO Report
- Executive Session : Vote to close the meeting and to proceed in Executive Session (11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.)
- Discussion and determination where appropriate of limited personnel matters pursuant to Section 10-15- 1.H (2) NMSA (1978).
- Discussion and determination where appropriate of matters subject to attorney-client privilege pertaining to threatened or pending litigation, pursuant to Section 10-15-1.H (7), NMSA (1978).
- Discussion and determination where appropriate of purchase, acquisition or disposal of real estate pursuant to Section 10-15-1 H (8), NMSA. (1978).
- Discussion of matters relating to strategic and long-range business plans or trade secrets of public hospitals pursuant to Section 10-15-1 H (9), NMSA (1978).
- Vote to re-open the meeting.
- Certification that only those matters described in Agenda Item XIII were discussed in Executive Session and if necessary, ratification of actions, if any, taken in Executive Session.
- Regent Committee Reports
Academic/Student Affairs & Research Committee, Raymond Sanchez, Chair
- Approval of New Mexico Consortium
- Approval of Mesa del Sol Endowed Chair
- Approval of ASUNM Constitutional Amendment
Audit Committee, Raymond Sanchez, Chair
Finance and Facilities Committee, John “Mel” Eaves, Chair
- UNM West at Rio Rancho Master Plan
- Monthly Financial Report
- UNM Master Plan Update
- UNM Major Capital Projects Status Report: Quarterly Update
- UNM CRTC Approval of Hi-Art System (60 HZ) Highly Integrated Adaptive Radiotherapy System
- Public Comment
A copy of the agenda will be available at the Zimmerman Library Reserve Desk and at University Communication and Marketing (Cornell Parking Structure) at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. The agenda will also be available on the UNM web page at http://www.unm.edu/news/Regents'Agendas.htm no later than 24 hours before the meeting.
Individuals with disabilities in need of a reader, amplifier, qualified signed language interpreter or any other form of auxiliary aid or service to attend or participate in a Board of Regents meeting should contact University Communication and Marketing. Public documents, including the agenda and minutes, can be provided in various accessible formats and individuals who need accessible formats should also contact University Communication and Marketing.