Contact: Ellen Wenzel, 277-7639
Media Contact: Susan McKinsey, 277-1989
September 7, 2007
UNM Regents To Meet September 11
The University of New Mexico Board of Regents will conduct its next regular meeting on Tuesday, September 11, 2007, beginning at 9 a.m. in ballroom C of the Student Union Building on the UNM main campus.
In addition to its regular meeting, the Board will go into an Executive Session from 11:30 a.m. until 1 p.m. on August 14 in the Sandia Room of the Student Union.
Confirmation of a Quorum: Adoption of the Agenda
Approval of Summarized Minutes of the 8/13/07 Special Meeting and the 8/14/07 Board of Regents Meeting
Administrative Report, President David J. Schmidly
Comments from Regents Advisors
Dr. Jackie Hood. President, Faculty Senate
Vanessa Shields, President, Staff Council
Joseph Garcia, President, GPSA
Ashley Fate, President, ASUNM
Lillian Montoya-Rael, President, UNM Alumni Association
Thelma Domenici, Chair, UNM Foundation (Foundation Revenue Report)
Susan Deese-Roberts for Ilse Gay, UNM Retiree Association
Extra Compensation and Outside Compensation Task Force Report
Appointments to the Board of the New Mexico Lambda Rail, Inc.
Appointments to the Board of the New Mexico Consortium, Inc.
Comments from Regents
Regents Committee Reports
Academic/Student Affairs and Research Committee, Raymond Sanchez, Chair
A. Fall 2007 Enrollment Report
Advancement Committee, Don Chalmers, Chair, No Report
Development Committee, Don Chalmers, Chair
Report August 30, 2007 Meeting
Audit Committee, Raymond Sanchez, Chair
A. Report 8/23/07 meeting
Finance and Facilities Committee, John “Mel” Eaves, Chair
Disposition of Surplus Property on List dated June 28, 2007, July 19, 2007 and August 23, 2007
- Neurobiology Research Facility Addition to Domenici Hall
- Central Campus Domestic Water System Renewal – Phase 5
- Central Campus Electrical Distribution System Upgrade to 12.47 KV, Phase 5
- UNMH BBRP Pediatric Themed Nurses Stations
- UNMH Dermatology MOHS Lab, HVAC
C. Approval of:
- Divison of Neonatology – Ambulance Transport by SevenBar Flying Service Inc.
- Physical Plant Utilities Division – Purchase and Installation of Second Cogeneration Unit
- Championship Golf Course Supplemental Maintenance Contract
D. Approval of Real Property Purchases and Lease Renewals
- 8200 Central Ave SE (1.653 acres of vacant land, SW corner)
- Lockheed Martin Building, 1155 University SE
- Center for Development and Disability (CDD), 2300 Menaul Blvd. NE
- Center for Alcoholism, Substance Abuse and Addiction (CASAA)
- UNMH Community Based Clinics (SE Heights)
E. Approval Comprehensive Campaign Funding Proposal
F. Approval of STC Board of Directors Appointment
G. Approval of Lobo Development Corporation
H. Approval of UNM Operating Portfolio Modification to the University’s Investment Policy Statement
I. Approval of Parameter Resolution for FY 2007-08 Institutional Bond Sale
J. Approval of Request for Internal Audit
K. Monthly Financial Report
HSC – Health Sciences, Regent Jack Fortner, Chair
A. Approval of Permanent Appointments and Reappointments for Medical Staff
B. UNMH Dashboard Report
C. UNMH CEO Report
X. Public Comment
Executive Session will be held 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.. in the Sandia Room
Vote to close the meeting and to proceed in Executive Session
- Discussion and determination where appropriate of limited personnel matters pursuant to Section 10-15-1.H (2), NMSA (1978).
- Discussion and determination where appropriate of matters subject to attorney-client privilege pertaining to threatened or pending litigation, pursuant to Section 10-15-1.H (7), NMSA (1978).
- Vote to re-open the meeting.
- Certification that only those matters described in Agenda Item A and B were discussed in Executive Session and if necessary, ratification of actions, if any, taken in Executive Session.
A copy of the agenda will be available at University Communication and Marketing (Cornell Parking Structure) at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. The agenda will also be available on the UNM web page at http://www.unm.edu/news/Regents'Agendas.htm no later than 24 hours before the meeting.
Individuals with disabilities in need of a reader, amplifier, qualified signed language interpreter or any other form of auxiliary aid or service to attend or participate in a Board of Regents meeting should contact University Communication and Marketing. Public documents, including the agenda and minutes, can be provided in various accessible formats and individuals who need accessible formats should also contact University Communication and Marketing.