UNM News Minute # 298 - January 18, 2006
1. THE ALUMNI ASSOCIATION will present its four major annual awards to outstanding alumni and faculty at a dinner, Thursday, Feb. 2, at the Hotel Albuquerque in Old Town. Included among the recipients are: Eric Pillmore; David Stuart; John Salazar; and Miguel Gandert. http://www.unm.edu/~market/cgi-bin/archives/000998.html#more
2. UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO HOSPITAL was recently honored with a Platinum eHealthcare Leadership Award, the program's highest honor, for Best Intranet Site. The eHealthcare Leadership Awards highlight a health organization's use of the Internet in achieving business objectives through outstanding health web sites. http://hscapp.unm.edu/calendar/output/index.cfm?fuseaction=main.release&EntryID=4608
3. PHYSICS AND ASTRONOMY Professors Ivan Deutsch and Rob Duncan were recently elected Fellows of the American Physical Society. With their election, Deutsch and Duncan become the sixth and seventh current APS Fellows in the Physics and Astronomy Department. http://www.unm.edu/~market/cgi-bin/archives/001001.html#more
4. JARED DIAMOND, Pulitzer Prize-winning author, will be giving a talk on his newest book, "Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed," on Friday, Jan. 20, 2006, at 7 p.m. at the UNM Student Union Building. http://www.unm.edu/%7Emarket/cgi-bin/archives/000987.html#more
5. HEALTH SCIENCES CENTER Vice President Paul Roth announced that School of Medicine Assistant Dean for Administration Pug Burge will take on the additional duties as HSC Chief Administrative Officer. http://hscapp.unm.edu/calendar/output/index.cfm?fuseaction=main.release&EntryID=4607
6. BEGINNING THIS MONTH, the Telecommunications Department will begin an eight-month equipment replacement project. The project is driven by the need to replace the aging telephone switch, the equipment that provides a dial tone on campus. http://www.unm.edu/~market/cgi-bin/archives/001000.html#more
For all the latest campus news and events visit UNM Today: http://www.unm.edu/~market/cgi-bin/
UNM News Minute highlights items of interest to the campus community. UNM News Minute is published weekly during the fall and spring semesters and twice monthly during the summer by UNM's Public Affairs Department. News Minute postings are also available from the Internet at: http://maillist.unm.edu/archives/newsminute-l.html
To Subscribe: send a blank message to: email@example.com or click on the following link: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
To Unsubscribe: send a blank message to: email@example.com or click on the following link: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
University Communication & Marketing Department
Hodgin Hall, 2nd
Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001
Telephone: (505) 277-5813
Fax: (505) 277-1981
of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, (505) 277-0111
© 2002 The University of New Mexico.
See our Standard Disclaimer
and Copyright Information Page.
The University of New Mexico is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Institution. In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, the
information in this site is available in alternate formats upon request.
Comments to email@example.com