Smoke Free Campus
is Tobacco-Free as
of August 1, 2009
On August 1, 2009, the University of New Mexico became a Tobacco-Free Campus
For more information please see the Tobacco-Free Campus Policy (Policy 2250) in the University Business Policies and Procedures Manual.
Designated Smoking Areas
- East side of Zimmerman Library
- Area east of Northrop Hall
- Area Near Parking Lot D - Between Hokona Hall and Laguna/Devargas Suites.
- Area between Coronado Hall and Redondo Village
- Area at the Science & Technology Park
- One area at Student Family Housing
- Under the footbridge over Lomas, on the North side of Lomas
- On the west side of the Richardson Pavilion (west of the ER ambulance entrance)
- Designated areas at the Health Sciences Center
- Designated areas at UNM Stadium
- Designated areas at the Pit
- Area at Continuing Education
Quit Smoking Resources
UNM Student Health And Counseling (SHAC) - free peer counseling & quit plan
See a practitioner for $15.00 office visit charge for help with prescription for smoking cessation products.
2007 Resource Guide for Smoking Cessation and Stress Management is available.
UNM Tobacco Cessation - free individual counseling & quit plan with free NRTs
Campus Office of Substance Abuse Prevention - Improve your odds of quitting
UNM EHPP - free, individual counseling & quit plan for UNM employees including student employees
Johnson Center (main campus) and Family Practice Center (north campus)
University Hospital Tobacco Program - free individual counseling & quit plan with 6 month follow-up session
American Lung Association - cessation classes with free nicotine replacement therapy (NRT)
7001 Menaul Blvd. NE
YWCA Rio Grande - cessation classes with free NRTs (Spanish & English)
210 Truman St NE
NM Quit Now - Free individual counseling & quit plan with free NRTs (Spanish & English)