Grant Reader Info
Thank you for your interest in becoming a grants reader. Becoming a reader is an excellent way to see the kind of work graduate and professional students are doing at the University and a good way to get acquainted with the process if you anticipate applying for grants in the future. Readers will review and score a selection of applications submitted for either the Summer, Fall, or Spring application cycles.
GPSA Grant Readers for the Summer 2011 cycle:
1. Receive a $50 stipend.
2. Score between 10 and 15 grant applications, which are each 3-4 pages in length, within 1 week after applications are assigned.
3. New readers are required to attend a mandatory training session to be held on Wednesday, July 6, at 5:00 pm and on Thursday, July 7, at 11:00 am at the Graduate Resource Center (Mesa Vista 1057).
5. If you would like to become a grants reader, please complete this brief online survey.
To be a reader you must:
1. Be a current graduate or professional student at UNM
2. Undergo an approximately 90 minute training session
-The reader training sessions for the Spring 2011 Grant Cycle will be held:
If you are interested in signing up please send an e-mail expressing your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources for Current Readers
If you have volunteered to sit in the GPSA office between Feb 16th and Feb 18th, click here for the volunteer schedule.
Click here to view UNM's Business Policy on Per Diem Food and Lodging Expenses (refer to section 9)
Click here for the mileage rates
Click here to view access the reader training cirriculum
Click here for a guide to frequently asked applicant questions.