The GPSA is a student funded, student organized and student governed
association that has been serving the University of New Mexico since
1969. We have grown extensively since that time by representing graduate
and professional students on issues ranging from research grants to health
insurance to academic freedom. The GPSA has a long history of being involved
at every level of UNM.
Some of the ways the GPSA stays involved on
campus, in state and national politics include:
- Offering numerous funding
opportunities to graduate and professional students for research,
travel and presentation of their work at conferences.
- Representing Graduate and Professional students in numerous University
and Faculty Senate committees.
- Representing Graduate and Professional students on to the UNM Regents,
the SUB Board and the Student Fee Review Board (SFRB).
- Offering students the opportunity to represent their departments
in the GPSA Council.
- Sending a GPSA Lobbyist to the New Mexico State Legislature.
- Networking with the National Association of Graduate and Professional
Students (NAGPS) and the NAGPS Western Region.
- Providing a computer lab located in our
office, SUB 1021.