The GPSA has multiple funding sources for graduate and professional students and organizations. For individual research and travel, GPSA allocates:

Student Research Allocations Committee (SRAC) grants

Specialized Travel (ST) grants

Graduate Research and Development (GRD) grants

For chartered student organizations, the GPSA allocates:

Pro-rated Benefit Funds (PB Funds). For all chartered graduate/professional graduate student organizations affiliated with a department.

Projects Funds. For departmental or individual projects that will benefit your department and the UNM community.

Finance Committee Allocations.  For chartered, non-departmental organizations.

Other campus resources for graduate/professional students seeking grants:

Research, Projects & Travel (RPT) grants from the Office of Graduate Studies

S-CAP grants from Career Services

Office of the Vice President for Research

MIDAS database

GPSA recognizes the importance of all types of funding to graduate and professional students. While GPSA does not offer fellowships or assistantships, we continually lobby for this type of funding within the university and at the legislature. Please contact your department concerning the availability of assistantships. The following sites may also be useful in finding funding sources, both on campus and beyond.

Office of Graduate Studies

University Financial Aid   

Council of Graduate Schools