Award Close Out
The fund closing process begins when the budget period end date expires. If you anticipate receiving an extension or supplement, please contact your Contract and Grant Fiscal Monitor.
- CGA sends a Final Financial Report Worksheet (either through Workflow, email, or campus mail) to the department for certification.
- PI/staff work with CGA to insure that all expenditures are allowable.
- CGA reconciles and closes the fund.
- When the fund is closed, the beginning of the fund title in FRMFUND is changed to FROE.
- CGA prepares any Financial Reports that are required and the PI prepares the Technical Report.
Financial records, supporting documents, statistical records, and all other records pertinent to an award shall be generally retained for a period of three years from the date of submission of the final expenditure report, as authorized by the Federal awarding agency. The only exception is if any litigation, claim, or audit is started before the expiration of the 3-year period, the records shall be retained until all litigation, claims or audit findings involving the records have been resolved and final action taken.
The University of New Mexico Records Retention Schedule