Resume available in PDF
January 2012 - July 2014
January 2010 - December 2011
September 2008 - January 2012
September 2005 - June 2008
October 2003 - July 2009
Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering. ECE Department, University of New Mexico, NM, USA.
M.S. in Electrical Engineering. ECE Department, University of New Mexico, NM, USA.
M.S. in Computer Science. Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia, Spain.
B.S. in Computer Science. Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia, Spain.
M.S. in Telecommunications Engineer. Universidad de Valladolid, Spain.
September 2014 - Now
March 2014 - June 2014
Working on the Safe Browsing team, in the Bineval project. This project consists on automating the detection of malware binevals in order to warn millions of Internet users.
Ultramain Systems, inc.
Develop, design, test, debug and maintaining the framework logic for maintenance and engineering software for aviation.
Working on the implementation of a Content Management System.
- Network security.
- Online privacy.
These two fields clearly overlap, as privacy enhancing technologies can be used by attackers to evade detection, and privacy invasive technologies can be used by network defenders to prevent them. Therefore, attackers and defenders swap places depending on context.
January 2010 - July 2014
June 2012 - August 2012
December 2007 - July 2008
December 2006 - July 2007
Research Assistant at University of New Mexico
Research Visit at University of Vigo
Spanish Ministry of Education collaboration grant where a research about quantizing the improvement of EGNOS over GPS signal.
University of Valladolid collaboration grant, performing a study about acquisition data with Labview©.
- Elices-Crespo, Juan Antonio, and Jaime Gómez-Gil. "Estudio de la influencia del EGNOS en la magnitud del error y en la velocidad de variación." Mapping 132 (2009): 83-87.
- Elices, Juan A., and Fernando Perez-Gonzalez. "The traffic fingerprinting game" Information Forensics and Security (WIFS), 2013 IEEE International Workshop on. IEEE, 2013.
- Elices, Juan A., and Fernando Perez-Gonzalez. "Locating Tor hidden services through an
interval-based traffic-correlation attack" Communications and Network Security (CNS), 2013 First IEEE Conference on. IEEE, 2013.
- Elices, Juan A., and Fernando Perez-Gonzalez. "Fingerprinting a flow of messages to an anonymous server." Information Forensics and Security (WIFS), 2012 IEEE International Workshop on. IEEE, 2012.
- Elices, Juan A., Perez-Gonzalez F., and Troncoso C.. "Fingerprinting Tor's hidden service log files using a timing channel." Information Forensics and Security (WIFS), 2011 IEEE International Workshop on. IEEE, 2011. (Best student paper award)
- 38th International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP 2013)
- 39th International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP 2014)
- 2013 IEEE International Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing (MMSP 2013)
- 2014 IEEE International Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing (MMSP 2014)
- IET Information Security
- IEEE Transaction on Information Forensics and Security
- Fall 2006 Implementing a sliding puzzle solving (Java: A* algorithm, Red-Black tree)
- Spring 2007 Implementing a variation of an FTP Server (C)
- Fall 2007 Implementing a protocol to encrypt emails (C)
- Spring 2007 Involved in a project of automated driving of a tractor (Labview) Video by Professor Jaime Gomez Gil
- Fall 2009 Implementing the control of a miniature tank for Robocode competition (Java)
- Spring 2009 Developing a plane simulator game using WPF (C#) (At SDSU)
- 2009- 2010 Implementing a compiler (lexical analyzer, Semantic Analyzer and code generation of a modification
of Pascal language for ENS2001) (JFLex, Cup, Java) Code
- Spring 2010 Implementing a grant searcher (Java using Apache Struts framework) Code
- Fall 2011 Developing a neural network control for a robot (C)