The Engineering Students Services (ESS) department offers numerous services designed to enhance student success in engineering, math or science degree programs through advisement, tutoring, scholarships, and networking.
The tutoring program is overseen by a member of the ESS staff, a retired Boeing engineer with an extensive background of expertise in a variety of engineering and math subjects. Students can receive tutoring services in all levels of math and in each field of engineering by their senior-level peers. Visit the Tutoring Schedule for more information or contact Marco Romero, Senior Tutor at 277-5066.
The ESS Scholarship Coordinator can assist students in finding scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students in engineering, math and science. Visit the Scholarships site or contact Elsa Castillo at 277-5064 for more information.
ESS works closely with several organizations and departments to ensure that students are prepared to interview for internships and full-time careers in their field of study
Students have opportunities to network through several student organizations by participating in a variety of career fairs. In addition, students are encouraged to sign up with the UNM Career Services department and take advantage of their eRecruiting where students can:
- Gain access to hundreds of internship, co-op and post-graduate opportunities specifically for UNM students
- Sign up for on-campus recruiting (OCR) and company employer information sessions
- Upload job-specific resumes, cover letters and other application documents
- Publish resumes in resume books that are accessible to top local and national employers
- Research employer contact/industry information
- Learn about upcoming Career Services events