« main faculty page
office hours »
Warren Smith - Professor Emeritus of Classics
Ortega Hall 353B
University of New Mexico
Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures
Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001
Fax: (505) 277-3599
B.A. Wesleyan University 1962
M.A. Indiana University 1964
Ph.D Yale University 1968.
Specialties include the ancient novel, Latin Literature especially satire, ancient drama, and later Latin, including Erasmus.
- Satiric Advice on Women and Marriage from Plautus to Chaucer
(University of Michigan Press 2005).
- Spanish Humanism on the Verge of the Picaresque:
The Ludus Chartarum, Pastor Bonus, and Bacchanalia of Juan Maldonado.
with Clark Colahan (University of Leuven Humanistic Series).
- The We-Passages in Acts as Mission Narrative
International Conference on the Ancient Novel, Lisbon (2008)
- Eumolpus the Poet
International Conference on the Ancient Novel, University of Crete in Heraklion (May 2007).
- Roman satire
- Ancient narrative
- Comparative Literature
- COMP 224 - The State and the Individual
- LATN 304 - The De Rerum Natura of Lucretius