Finance Systems Management Home
Finance Systems Management (FSM) is a division of the Office of the VP for HSC/UNM Finance & University Controller responsible for the management of the Banner Finance Accounting System at the University of New Mexico.
is responsible for the Finance module which includes:
- Banner Upgrades.
- Coordination with IT Business Affairs Technical Support team for testing and implementation of Banner defect resolutions.
- Finance communications and user support resources.
- Month-End system scheduling, processing and integrity.
- Project Leadership and committee participation for Finance and University ERP initiatives.
- Transaction process codes and postings.
- Security access to the Finance systems and components.
- Year-End system scheduling, processing and integrity.
is responsible for the University Chart of Accounts which includes:
- Coordinate the approval and processing of new account code requests.
- Create and maintain chart of account elements: index, fund, organization, program, activity.
- Maintain Finance organization code hierarchy for financial reporting purposes.
supports core accounting and other administrative offices in the following areas:
- Accounting data analysis.
- Batch journal voucher transaction loads
- Electronic approval queues
- Transaction feeds to Finance from other modules, including Accounts Receivable, Budget, HR-Payroll, and Research Accounting.
also supports the Finance reporting database, Operational Data Store (ODS), as follows:
FSM-Network Support Area
- Develop and deliver standard end-user reports
- Maintain the ODS refresh processes for Finance and Labor/Benefits data.
- Provides workstation and network support to Financial Services Departments.
- Provides file and printing services to other University administrative departments.
- Provides advice and support to UNM departments who have a Novell server on the UNM Tree.