Procedures for Lost or Missing Receipt
In cases where an original receipt is not available when submitting a request for reimbursement, a memo containing the following information must be submitted with the request:
- Explanation as to why the original receipt is not available.
- “Please accept copy as original.”
- “No other copy will be sent for reimbursement.”
- "Department accepts full responsibility for duplicate payments."
- “This expense is Not being reimbursed by any other sources.”
- Dated and signed by Traveler.
A rubber stamp containing this information is not appropriate. This should not be a normal occurrence, and a specific reason is needed for each instance.
The memo must be signed and dated by the individual seeking reimbursement, and by the department head.