Money Lists-Allowable Account Codes
The only types of account codes allowable on Money Lists are:
- Assets (Axxx)
- Liabilities (Lxxx)
- Revenue (0xxx or 1xxx)
However, not all specific account codes in these ranges are allowed. Please NEVER use the following:
- Internal Service Center Internal Sales (06xx)
- Transfers (11xx and 12xx)
- Allocations (16xx)
- Balance Forward (19xx)
In addition, no Expense account codes (2000 and higher) or Net Asset account codes (Nxxx) are to be used on Money Lists.
Any Money List transactions that use inappropriate account codes will have to be corrected. Please always maintain adequate backup for your Money List transactions.
Please note that effective August 28, 2007, the Money List form has been revised. The changes are as follows:
- 2 people from the department submitting the Money List need to initial under "Dept Verified Cash";
- "Cashier 1" and "Cashier 2" has been replaced by "Vault 1" and "Vault 2";
- The order of "Total Cash" and "Total Checks" has been switched;
- A reminder to attach 2 adding machine tapes of checks has been added;
- The codes of "1" for checks and "2" for cash have been removed.
Click here to access the Money List form.
Please contact your Central Accounting office if you are uncertain whether a particular account code is appropriate on a Money List.