Process for Requesting a Travel Advance
- Travel Advances are requested via the DPEZ process in Banner- form FZADPEZ. In order to obtain access to this form, you must complete the Direct Pay Training Lab through Learning Central. After completing this lab, you should also sign up for the Travel Policies and Procedures workshop.
- The DPEZ process generates a “Travel Advance Request” form, similar to other “Direct Pay Approval” forms, to be printed out, signed, and forwarded to central accounting.
- Creation of the Travel Advance Request DPEZ generates a Direct Pay Invoice (DPI) in Banner, which routes electronically to central accounting for approval. No departmental indexes are charged upon the completion of the Travel Advance Request, and there are no departmental approvals in Banner.
- Accounts Payable issues the payment, via direct deposit, if payee’s paycheck is via direct deposit.
- A check may be requested instead, by making the proper selection on the DPEZ. The check will be mailed to traveler’s home address.
- Click here for an overview of the procedures for requesting a Travel Advance. An online Banner Byte is also available to demonstrate the process.