523 Creative Nonfiction
Essays On E-reserve at Zimmerman Library (password: study523)
- Vivian Gornick's "The Situation & the Story"
- "Essayists on the Essay"
- "The Treadmill Journal"
- Patricia Hampl's "Memory & Imagination"
- John Barth's "Incremental Perturbation"
- Philip Lopate's "Writing Personal Essays: On the Necessity of Turning Oneself into a Character"
- Philip Lopate's "Reflection & Retrospection"
- Madison Smartt Bell's "Modular Design" & "Linear Design"
- Charles Baxter's "Dysfunctional Narratives"
- Tim O'Brien's "The Magic Show"
- "The Eleventh Draft" Chris Offutt
- An Interview with Jane Smiley
- Jane Smiley's "What Stories Teach Their Writers"
- Susan Sontag's "Directions: Write, Read, Rewrite.
Repeat Steps 2 and 3 as Needed"
- Stephen Koch's "Working & Reworking: Early Drafts & the Techniques
of Revision" (excerpt from THE MODERN LIBRARY'S WRITER'S WORKSHOP)
Handouts (on website)
Quotes on Writing
Craft Features: Quotes, Ideas, Questions,
The Peer Response
Revising for the Middle Draft
Publishing Your Work