Did You Know That Donations To The University Must Be Deposited Into The UNM Foundation?

    When your department receives a donation, please take it to your College or School Development Office so that they can deposit the monies into the UNM Foundation. The donations might come from individuals, corporations or foundations in the form of a credit card, check, cash or an in-kind donation of goods or services. The College or School Development Office will assure that the donation is properly deposited and that donor is recognized. If you erroneously prepare a money list and deposit the monies into a University account, then the monies must be transferred to the UNM Foundation, which causes extra work for everyone involved.

    Please be timely in depositing donations. It shows the donor that you care about the donation and it will assure that the donor is recognized in a timely manner.

    Back to Tip of the Month Main