Applying for a Purchasing Card
Applications for a Purchasing Card must be completed and submitted to the appropriate Accounting Office for approval.
The procedure for applying for a PCard is listed below:
- After completion of this training course and obtaining a passing score through Employee and Organizational Development, complete the Cardholder Agreement (.pdf or .doc) and Application for a Purchasing Card (.pdf or .doc).
- The Cardholder must agree to the provisions of the Cardholder Agreement.
- The Dean, Director, or individual with budgetary responsibility for the default index will determine the limits for the Cardholder.
- A Cardholder can be limited to a maximum number of transactions on a daily or monthly basis, or both, or may have a dollar limit daily.
- The credit limit is established by the department. In no event may the dollar limit of a single transaction exceed $5000.00.
- The Dean, Director, Chair, or other budgetary authority must sign the Application for a Purchasing Card and agree to the Cardholder Agreement.
- The original Application for a Purchasing Card should be sent to Purchasing. The PCard administrator will obtain any necessary Accounting Office approvals.
- The PCard Administrator will approve the Application for a Purchasing Card and verify that the requesting Dean, Director, Chair, etc. has budgetary authority.
- The Purchasing Card Administrator will review the Application and, if in order, will transmit the information to the bank. Cards are typically available within 7 days.
- An email will be sent to the cardholder with a schedule for pickup when the card is ready.
- The Cardholder will be required to sign a receipt for the PCard and the Cardholder Agreement.