Computer & Server Purchases on the PCard
Procedures for purchasing a computer or a server on the PCard are listed below:
- Computers and servers may only be purchased through LoboMart using our Dell or Apple punchout sites, never from another source such as a retail store. To view a demonstration of placing an order from Dell through LoboMart, click here. Note: Exempt from this policy are PIs and academic departments who are purchasing non-network servers and/or computers and who not require IT support.
- If your department wishes to purchase a non-Dell computer or server, you must submit a Purchase Exception Request for Non-UNM-Standard Computer form signed by the department head to the PCard Administrator and submit a PCard Special Exception Request form. Requests must be approved to the purchase.
- When computer purchases for HSC departments are received they must be routed through HSLIC, UNMH IT or UNMMG for configuration to HSC standards. Please see the memo found here.
- All computers and servers purchased with the PCard must be reported to Property Accounting by completing the Inventory Control Computer/Server Purchase Form. This form can be found in the my.unm.edu portal by clicking on the Electronic Forms link in the Banner Applications channel or by clicking here.
- After completing the Computer/Server Purchase Form, print a copy of the form and submit the form with your monthly PCard transaction log.
- Failure to submit the Computer/Server Purchase Form will result in a PCard violation.
- Computer and server purchases must be reallocated to the appropriate account code.
Click here for more information.
- Failure to reallocate a computer or server purchase appropriately will result in a PCard violation.
- Account code 3189 should be used for all desktop computers (entire systems), laptop computers, tablet computers or servers with a cost of less than $5,000. Account code 3150 should be used for computer supplies, including printers, replacement monitors, keyboards, etc.
- When purchasing a desktop computer, allocate entire systems to 3189 only if there is one cost stated on the quote/invoice/receipt for the computer (CPU), monitor and all accessories. If the cost of the computer (CPU) is separate from the cost of the monitor, keyboard, etc., only allocate the cost of the computer (CPU) to 3189 and allocate the cost of the monitor and accessories to 3150.