For all disputed transactions except Inadequate Description/Unrecognized Charge, or if you are no longer disputing the charge, you will complete the following process:
- Fill out the Cardholder Statement of Disputed Item form (.doc, .pdf).
- Contact the vendor, noting the date, time and person contacted. Discuss the disputed item and ask for a resolution. Please summarize the conversation in the space provided, and if more room is necessary, please use the back of the form. Maintain this documentation (email, phone logs, faxes or web confirmations) for submission with your dispute form.
- If the vendor does not agree to take corrective action within 14 days of the statement date, fax the completed Cardholder Statement of Disputed Item form to the Purchasing Card Administrator in the Purchasing Department at 277-1028, along with copies of all records, packing slips, invoices, etc. The original documents should be kept in the department file.
- Follow up by telephone with the Purchasing Card Administrator to verify that the dispute form and supporting documentation has been received.
- Mark the item as disputed on the Transaction Log. This is for your reference only
- Follow up with the PCard Administrator weekly until the dispute has been resolved.
Completed Cardholder statement of Disputed Item forms and copies of receipts/packing slips and any other supporting documentation must be sent to the Purchasing Card Administrator no more than 45 days after the date of the statement on which the disputed charge appears.
Send copies of any correspondence received from Bank of America to the PCard Administrator in Purchasing.
The Purchasing Card Administrator will review the Disputed Item form for completeness of information, verify that supporting documentation has been included, and determine if the transaction qualifies as a disputed item.
The Purchasing Card Administrator will fax or mail the dispute documentation to the bank.
If you are disputing a transaction due to Inadequate Description/Unrecognized Charge, fill out the Cardholder Statement of Disputed Item form and immediately forward it to the Purchasing Card Administrator in Purchasing.
If you are no longer disputing a charge, forms canceling a dispute must be sent to the Purchasing Card Administrator immediately following the resolution of the disputed item.