Random and Annual Reviews
The Cardholder/Department Card Administrator will be reviewed on an annual and random basis.
Reviewer(s) from the appropriate accounting office will interview the Cardholder/Department Card Administrator and his/her supervisor to ascertain the department's level of compliance with UNM Policies and Procedures.
The reviewer(s) will review one or more months of the department records and may complete the Check List on Purchasing Card Documentation and the Review Report.
There may be additional reviews of the documentation held by the Purchasing Card Administrator. These reviews would include allowability of purchases charged to contracts and grants, and/or excludability of purchases for purposes of the Facilities and Administrative rate.
All reports completed by the reviewer(s) will be sent to the Purchasing Card Administrator for follow up. Any violations found during the review will be addressed as stated in the Violations Section of this procedure.
The reviewer(s) will check for the following:
- Proper completion of the Transaction Log, including necessary signatures that support the transaction
- Appropriate allocation
- The existence and retention of approved original supporting documentation
- Reconciliation of the Purchasing Card Bank Statement to the Transaction Log and supporting receipts
- Business purpose and approval of purchases
- Sales tax was not assessed and paid
- Purchases are appropriate and within the University's Policies
- Unusual activity
- Incremental/split purchases
- Services with unapproved vendors