Violations - Level I
Violations have been assigned points. A Cardholder that accumulates 6 points will be required to be retrained. A Cardholder that accumulates 8 points will have their Card privileges terminated.
The reviewer(s) may report violations to the department Chair and to the Director of Purchasing. The Chair will be given one month to respond to the findings and state the corrective action(s) to be taken.
Level I - Improper Record Keeping (1 point)
- Missing Transaction Log, or Log not completed correctly.
- Transaction Log was submitted without proper signatures, or the signatures were not authorized signatures
- Supporting documentation is not sorted in the correct order
- The Transaction Log and bank statement to not balance
- Missing "transferred to" Index/Account code on Transaction Log
- An attempt to reallocate a transaction to an unauthorized Index/Account code
- The purchase of hazardous chemicals/radioactive materials was not reported to Safety & Risk Services by the department
- The source of supporting documentation does not provide line item information including item description, quantity, and dollar amounts
- Dollar amounts on supporting documentation were altered
- File not received within 30 days of the bank statement date
- Non-original source of supporting documentation provided (fax, photocopy, or online order form)
- The Cardholder has left the department and the PCard Administrator was not notified to close the Card
- The Cardholder has failed to respond to requests from the PCard office for vendor info
- DPI numbers or appropriate Account code not assigned to transaction through VIS (if applicable)
- Missing source of supporting documentation (original packing slip, paid invoice, or register receipt)
For these violations a notice of violation is sent to the Cardholder and/or supervisor with required response/corrective action and due date.