International Sociology Honors Society http://sites.google.com/site/alphakappadeltainternational/
Anthropon Katamanthanein Diakonesein
“To investigate humanity for the purpose of service”
The purpose of Alpha Kappa Delta is to promote excellence in scholarship in the study of sociology, research of social problems, and such other social and intellectual activities as will lead to improvement in the human condition.
Want to join AKD? After you have met the eligibility requirements, look for a membership invitation in your e-mail in February or September and/or contact our AKD Chapter Representative, Prof. Felipe Gonzales.
- Must be an officially declared sociology/criminology major or demonstrate a serious interest in sociology within an official program of the host institution
- Must be at a junior standing or higher
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher and a sociology/criminology GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must have compleed twelve credit hours of sociology/criminology courses
- $60 membership fee ($40 for National Headquarters and $20 for local chapter)*
Benefits of Joining:
- Leadership positions in the society that enable you to learn skills that will help with a career or graduate school
- Obtaining an honors cord and handsome membership certificate
- A great resumé and application builder
- Getting to know other students with the same major
- Lifelong Membership to Alpha Kappa Delta and a year-long subscription to Sociological Inquiry