Places of Interest
The Blumenschein Home
Home & Museum
House & Museum
Millicent Rogers Museum
Other Sites of Interest
The Fechin Institute offers art workshops at the Donner Ranch
just north of Taos, NM.
de los Martinez
The Hacienda de los Martinez is one of the few northern New
Mexico style, late Spanish Colonial period, "Great Houses"
remaining in the American Southwest. Built in 1804 by Severino
Martin (later changed to Martinez), this fortress-like building
with massive adobe walls became an important trade center for
the northern boundary of the Spanish Empire. The Hacienda was
the final terminus for the Camino Real which connected northern
New Mexico to Mexico City. The Hacienda also was the headquarters
for an extensive ranching and farming operation.