Beta Alpha Psi
BAP – Theta Xi Graduate Student Candidates
Requirements for graduate students to become a CANDIDATE in BAP – Theta Xi chapter
- Be a degree seeking graduate student in good standing at UNM
- Are majoring, concentrating, or have a stated interest in accounting, finance, or management information systems
- Have an undergraduate cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 – or - have at least a 3.25 GPA on the last 30 undergraduate semester hours -or- have a GPA of 3.0 on 6 hours of graduate-level classes
- Complete and submit Candidate Application by Wednesday, September 11, 2013
- Pay dues and fees and submit appropriate documentation as detailed on the DUES/FEES section of the website by Wednesday, September 11, 2013
- Agree to the BAP code of ethics and UNM code of conduct
- Attend Candidate Orientation on Friday, September 6, 2013, or contact the chapter president (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need to make alternative arrangements
Students who do not yet meet these requirements should consider AFFILIATE membership!
Questions about membership requirements can be directed to the chapter VP of Membership (email@example.com)
Once accepted as a CANDIDATE graduate students must fulfill the following requirements in 1 semester in order to become a full MEMBER
- Attend 4 hours of professional events, 2 hours of which must be BAP Technical Meetings (each BAP Technical Meeting counts as 1 hour). Members/Candidates that do not sign the sign-in sheet at BAP Technical Meetings will not receive credit for the event
- Submit the “BAP Technical/Professional Event” Form for each professional event attended, excluding BAP Technical Meetings. Events must meet the requirements set out in the “Technical/Professional Event Policy” in order to qualify for credit.
- Participate in 6 hours of BAP sponsored community service events. No non-BAP sponsored service activities can be used to fulfill membership requirements
- Attend Candidate Initiation or make alternate arrangements with the chapter president (firstname.lastname@example.org)
A Candidate failing to meet any of the aforementioned requirements due to extenuating circumstances and wishes to be initiated as a full member, must seek approval from the Executive Board. The Candidate must present the circumstances before the Executive Board in person, or through written correspondence a month prior to the Initiation ceremony.
Candidates who relocate to another institution to complete their undergraduate program may become Candidates of the local chapter provided they apply to the local chapter and meet the requirements of the local chapter.)