List of Community Needs (not listed in order of priority)
1. Alameda Little League – $ 500K
2. Balloon Fiesta Park –capital projects
3. Rail crossings – “quiet crossings” for commuter rail estimated $150 - $200K per crossing
4. Alameda Open Space Project – development of the Bachechi Open Space - $100K
5. Support for local schools --
6. Vista del Norte parks – community recreational needs – balloon landing sites ~ $100K
7. Trail system – south side of Alameda from Second St. to the west side of the AMAFCA channel, ditches, bosque, etc. – studies and cost estimates yet to be completed
8. Traffic issues
a. Second and Fourth - Roy Road - dangerous road junction –
(NMDOT – Sandia Pueblo issues)
b. Paseo del Norte – El Pueblo – Second Street = grid lock
i. Rapid Rail on El Pueblo – no improvement to El Pueblo to handle the increased traffic load from the Park & Ride - (MRGCD, NMDOT, Bernalillo County issues)
ii. Truck traffic on Alameda Blvd. needs to be shared on all roads with river crossings – Paseo del Norte and Montano
9. North Valley roads – surface work needed – re-stripping needed – pedestrian safety improvements needed – intersection work needed in all areas
10.Sewers – low-income assistance needed now and for several years - Bernalillo County issue - $?
11.Alameda Blvd. Medians - landscaping reworked for vegetation control / Bernalillo County issue - $50K
12. Sundt Park issue off Edith – drainage ponds/recreational uses - Bernalillo County issue - $?
13. Regional Air Board – consideration and research only
14. A state planning office is needed to help implement and plan roadways, connections for public transportation, resource and utility infrastructure, etc. for NM communities in a unified and comprehensive manner.
15. Future development of the “Water Authority” property not needed for the water treatment plant located off Chapell Road and Osuna. The 60 plus acres should be developed into recreational uses for the area that serve Vista del Norte, Alameda and the regional area. Development for this property could cost several million dollars.