Petty cash transactions will be limited to reimbursements and advances only.
Only one (1) account number can be used on petty cash.
The following Petty Cash purchasing procedures must be complied with
for all transactions allowed through Petty Cash:
2. Expenditures cannot exceed $100 per day/per vendor.
a) Only extreme, unavoidable expenditures
in excess of $100 will be processed only if pre-approved.
b) Incremental purchasing, splitting one large purchase
into several small purchases is prohibited.
c) Expenditures exceeding the $100 per day/per vendor
policy must be pre-approved
d) Only the Associate Director of Business Operations
and the Business Manager can give approval for exceeding the limit.
3. An advance cannot exceed $100 per individual at any one time. Transaction
must be completed and submitted to the Cashier's office within two (2)
4. Payment for outside services are not authorized for payment through
5. Travel related expenses are not allowed.
6. Sales tax paid on purchases will not be reimbursed.
7. Itemized cash register receipt or invoice is required. Click here
to see an example of a non-acceptable receipt.
Must clearly reflect the vendor’s name and address.
Must clearly reflect the items purchased.
Must not contain alterations i.e., white out, marks, etc.
8. Purchases of food items is prohibited except with prior approval from the Associate Director of Business Operations or Business Manager.
9. The Petty Cash form should be thoroughly prepared, including:
a) Description and Purpose
c) Account Number
Click here to see sample petty cash forms: [Sample
Please be aware that the staff
in the Cashier's Office may refuse reimbursement or advances pending further
clarification or approval by appropriate Business and Finance staff.
As you would expect, this
process will require more time to complete payment, therefore, you are
encouraged to plan ahead for those items that have a deadline for payment.
Call 5-8505 for questions and/or information.