2. Expenditures cannot exceed $100 per day/per vendor.
a) Only extreme, unavoidable expenditures
in excess of $100 will be processed only if pre-approved.
b) Incremental purchasing, splitting one large purchase
into several small purchases is prohibited.
c) Expenditures exceeding the $100 per day/per vendor
policy must be pre-approved
d) Only the Associate Director of Business Operations
and the Business Manager can give approval for exceeding the limit.
3. An advance cannot exceed $100 per individual at any one time. Transaction
must be completed and submitted to the Cashier's office within two (2)
4. Payment for outside services are not authorized for payment through
5. Travel related expenses are not allowed.
6. Sales tax paid on purchases will not be reimbursed.
7. Itemized cash register receipt or invoice is required. Click here
to see an example of a non-acceptable receipt.
Must clearly reflect the vendorís name and address.
Must clearly reflect the items purchased.
Must not contain alterations i.e., white out, marks, etc.
8. Purchases of food items is prohibited except with prior approval from the Associate Director of Business Operations or Business Manager.
9. The Petty Cash form should be thoroughly prepared, including:
a) Description and Purpose
c) Account Number
Click here to see sample petty cash forms: [Sample
Only individuals pre-approved in writing by the department head
will be allowed to authorize petty cash purchases.
Grant account expenditures must be pre-approved by Business Representative
or Sally Hebert..