UNM-Valencia Campus reserves the right to cancel any course subject to budgetary requirements, enrollment figures, and/or availability of instructors. Because the major determining factor for cancellations is enrollment, it is very important that students register promptly during the scheduled registration period.
Registration for Closed Class
No student will be allowed to enroll in a class which is closed. In some instances a decision may be made to increase the class cap or to create more sections in order to accommodate more students. In addition, students are asked not to petition any administrator, faculty or Student Services staff for admission to a closed class.
Instead, a student who wishes to enroll in a closed class may place his/her name on a waiting list. As room becomes available in the closed class, students will be contacted in the order that the petition was submitted for immediate enrollment in the class.
The Enrollment Cancellation deadline is a date set by UNM, and prescribed by state statute, by which a student must make a financial commitment by accepting financial responsibility for current term charges and paying their entire prior semester balance or be dropped from their current term courses.
Students can view their Enrollment Cancellation Balance over LoboWeb, in the Registration & Records menu. Payment of this balance must be received by the Cashier Department by 5:00 PM on the stated deadline. Payment options are available. Failure to make the required payment will result in the student being dropped from all their current semester courses.
Please note that students registering after the Enrollment Cancellation deadline who do not drop by published refund deadline will be responsible for payment of all tuition and fees. Student Accounting generates bursar account billing statements, answers account inquiries from students, staff and retirees, and processes financial aid refunds.
Big changes have been made to Enrollment Cancellation:
- The tuition payment deadline (Enrollment Cancellation) will now take place TWO WEEKS into the semester: FRIDAY, 5 PM!
- Only students who have a PRIOR SEMESTER BALANCE GREATER THAN $200 will be canceled.
- Generally, financial aid can only pay up to $200 of a prior semester balance (not applicable to summer).
- Check your Enrollment Cancellation Balance over LoboWeb in the Registration & Records menu and watch for our emails during the first two weeks of the semester.
- If you do not have a prior semester balance, you will not be canceled; however, you will incur service charges and a Bursar Hold will be placed on your account if you do not pay your billed balance by the bill due date or set up a payment plan.
- If you are not planning to attend UNM, you must drop your courses by the published refund deadlines or you will be responsible for 100% of your tuition and fees charges.