About the new listservs:
- There are currently three email distribution lists maintained:
- VCFULL-L: goes to full-time faculty only
- VCPART-L: goes to part-time faculty only
- VFAC-L: goes to all faculty
- To join the VFAC-L faculty listserve: http://vc.unm.edu/FacStaff/facultylistserv.htm
One of the motivations for creating separate listservs for full-time and part-time faculty is to try to increase the motivation for part-timers to actually read their email. Many part-time faculty have mentioned that they ignore messages that come through the VFAC listserv because it is information that pertains only to full-time faculty. They are in the habit of simply deleting the messages and subsequently might miss messages that are pertinent to them.
That said for many, if not most communications, the VFAC-L email list will be the one you want to use. If, however, you want to target either the full-time or the part-time faculty specifically, you can use the other email lists.
Keep in mind that these are closed lists. This means that only members and allowed others can send messages. Also, only UNM email accounts are used in these lists. Here is a list of who is currently allowed to send to what list.
- Part-time faculty can send messages to the VCPART-L and the VFAC-L lists.
- Full-time faculty can send messages to the VCFULL-L and the VFAC-L lists.
- Emeritus faculty can send messages to the VCFULL-L and the VFAC-L lists.
- Dr. Letteney, Dean Sax, Laura Encinias, Margaret Anaya, Ronnie McComb, Shireen McDonald, Tara Best, Rita Logan, Debra Venable and Andy Sanchez can send to all lists.
- The Fine Arts Gallery, Maryann Castillo, Lucille Farrington, Susan Jackson, Jon Lechel, Anthony Liu and Jeanne Marie Lujan can send to VFAC-L.