FEC | Curriculum Committee
The Curriculum Committee is a standing committee of the UNM-Valencia Campus as well as the Faculty Assembly and is charged with the responsibility of:
- Creating and recommending all new curricula.
- Reviewing and recommending all proposed changes in existing curricula.
- Overseeing the periodic review of existing programs.
- Serving as a branch liaison with the Curriculum and Undergraduate Committees on main campus.
- All recommendations and actions by the Curriculum Committee , with appropriate signatures, are forwarded to the campus Executive Director. With the Executive Director's concurrence, the committee then forwards its recommendations to the UNM Faculty Senate for appropriate Senate action.
- Report at each of the Assembly's meetings and to the FEC, Dean of Instruction and Executive Director on an ongoing basis.
Curriculum Committee membership will consist of:
Two faculty representatives from the Business and Technology Division;
Two faculty representatives from departments in the Arts and Sciences Division;
One "at large" faculty representative;
The Campus Registrar;
The Campus Librarian;
One professional staff member;
The Dean of Instruction (ex officio); and
One student (ex officio).
The Curriculum Committee 's chair will be elected annually from among and by the committee's voting membership.
NOTE: Membership in this committee is "automatic" for the Librarian, Registrar, and Dean of Instruction. Everyone else who wishes to serve on this committee (e.g., "seats" for the five faculty, one staff, and one student) needs to submit a bid in order to be considered for membership.