Faculty Executive Committee Home
Welcome to the home page for the Faculty Executive Committee of the University of New Mexico Valencia Campus. This site is designed to provide faculty with an understanding of the progress being made by the committees of FEC.
Welcome back for the Academic Year 2014-2015!
Committee membership will be updated at the start of the AY 2014-2015. Once the changes have been made, a new list/link will be posted here as well as at: http://www.unm.edu/~vfac/committees.html. If you see any discrepancies, please contact the webmaster (Alexa Wheeler) at email@example.com. Thanks!
The Faculty Assembly is still in the process of updating the Faculty Handbook. You may visit the Faculty Handbook page to review the latest version(s).
According to the Faculty Constitution on The Faculty Executive Committee:
- Membership--President, Vice President, Secretary and 2 Representatives of the Faculty Assembly.
- Duties of the Executive Committee--
- Direct the work of the Assembly and its committees (i.e. function as a committee on Committees); review the minutes and official actions of all Standing and Ad Hoc Committees of the Assembly and present any committee action, requiring Assembly vote, to it with recommendations.
- Identify goals and set meeting agendas for the Assembly.
- Review Assembly procedures and structure and make recommendations for their improvement.
- Appoint, after a nomination process, all faculty representatives to Assembly and Valencia Campus Standing Committees.
- Appoint representatives to fill committee vacancies between the two-year cycle of the committee bid process.
- Represent the faculty to off-campus groups regarding faculty business.
- Compose and distribute (or delegate such) the Faculty Newsletter, to include upcoming Assembly agendas, at least three times each in fall and spring semesters, to be distributed at least four days prior to each Assembly meeting to all college faculty, advisory board members, key administrators, staff, and students, as well as to the President of the Faculty Senate, Regents, Provost, and branch liaison of the University.