Dr. Sanchez' teaching experiences at UNM:
- American Politics (PS 200)
- Freshman Learning Community version of American Politics (PS 200-640)
- Racial and Ethnic Politics (PS 307)
- Public Opinion and Electoral Behavior (PS 305)
- Graduate Research Seminar in Racial and Ethnic Politics (PS 511)
Professor Sanchez chairs one graduate student's dissertation committee. He also coauthored multiple manuscripts with PhD students in the program, several of which have been published. Professor Sanchez has advised several undergraduate students for the McNair Achievement Program.
Through the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) Center for Health Policy , Dr. Sanchez advised several PhD students across the social sciences. Professor Sanchez informally advised several promising undergraduates, including two students whom he sent to the prestigious Ralph Bunche Summer Institute. Since emphasizing mentoring early in his career, he has been recognized for his mentoring efforts with multiple Faculty of Color Awards. Dr. Sanchez was recently awarded the inaugural 2010 UNM "Luminaria" Presidential award for commitment to diversity.