The Editor will gladly consider manuscripts in accordance with the established tradition of the New Mexico Historical Review, a quarterly journal for the publication of historical and cultural material of New Mexico and regional interest. The region is understood to include all of the states of the American Southwest, including Texas as well as northern Mexico. The New Mexico Historical Review is interested in essays concerning all periods from prehistory through the Spanish and Mexican eras, as well as the U.S. territorial and statehood periods up to the present. The New Mexico Historical Review has always welcomed and will continue to welcome papers from experts in other fields when they are slanted toward the historical point of view. Papers in anthropology, archaeology, art, economics, ethnology, geography, law, literature, music, and sociology are all welcome as submissions. Edited memoirs, diaries, letters, and the like are also welcome. The submission of pertinent illustrations, maps, and charts for consideration with article and other papers is invited. Manuscripts and other editorial communications should be addressed to:
New Mexico Historical Review
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PREPARATION OF MANUSCRIPTS
- Type your name and address on a separate cover sheet. Type the title of the article in capitals two or three inches from the top of the first page. Begin the text of the manuscript on the same page. Do not put your name on any of the pages of text.
- Submit a short c.v. and photocopies of any photographs or other illustrations you intend to use with the manuscript. If accepted for publication, the NMHR asks manuscript authors to provide high quality prints or digital copies (300 dpi) of images. Authors are responsible for securing written publication permissions from holding institutions, covering any costs associated with such permission, and for supplying necessary caption information.
- Type on one side of 8 1/2 by 11 inch paper leaving one inch margins all around. Double space all text, including notes. Please use endnotes rather than footnotes.
- Number the pages serially throughout.
- The NMHR uses the styles dicated by the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th ed. Please consult CMS regarding citation style, treatment of foreign terms, numbers, abbreviations, etc.
- Please send an electronic version of your manuscript either through email or on a CD along with a hardcopy.