- Invited Speaker, Public Lecture Series, Johannes Kepler University, Linz, Austria, October 16, 2014.
- Carl Hatch Endowed Professor, University of New Mexico (UNM), Albuquerque, NM, 2014-2017.
- Program Chair, Annual Meeting of 4S (Society for Social Studies of Science), San Diego, USA, 2013.
Chair, Annual Meeting of 4S (Society for Social Studies of Science)
held jointly with HSS History of Science and Society) and SHOT (Society
for the History of Technology), Cleveland, USA, 2011.
- Distinguished Lecture Series Speaker, Max Planck Institute, Saarbrücken, Germany, June 28, 2011.
- Invited Speaker, International Workshop on
International Collaborations, National Science Foundation (NSF),
Arlington, USA, June 24, 2010.
- Co-Chair, Social Science Advisory Board of the National Center for Women in Information Technology (NCWIT), 2010-2012.
Participant, CEOSE Mini-Symposium on Women of Color in STEM, National
Science Foundation (NSF), Arlington, USA, October 27-28, 2009.
Participant, U.S.-Europe Workshop for Research on Gender and Diversity
in Engineering Education, Delft University of Technology, Delft, The
Netherlands, June 29-30, 2009.
Speaker, National Center for Women in Information Technology Annual
Meeting, Google Headquarters, Mountain View, USA, May 12-14, 2009.
Participant, Workshop on Centers, Universities and the Scientific
Innovation Ecology, National Science Foundation (NSF), Arlington, USA,
March 26-27, 2009.
Member, Social Science Advisory Board of the National Center for Women
in Information Technology (NCWIT), 2008-Current.
Participant, Workshop on National Center on Cultural Diversity in
Computing and Information Technologies, Texas A&M University,
College Station, USA, April 14-15, 2008.
Speaker, National Conference on Can We Compete? Trends in America's
Scientific and Technical Workforce, Commission on Professionals in
Science and Technology (CPST), Washington DC, USA, November 1-2, 2007.
- Elected Council Member, Society for Social Studies of Science (4S), 2005-2007.
- Regents' Lecturer, University of New Mexico (UNM), Albuquerque, NM, USA 2003-2006.
- Invited Member, Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Task Force on Job Migration, 2004-2006.
- Organizer and Host, National
Science Foundation's Information Technology Workforce (ITWF) and
Information Technology Research/Education & Workforce (ITR/EWF)
Principal Investigator Conference, Albuquerque, USA, October 26-28, 2003.
Participant, Workshop on beyond the Two Cultures: Science and
Technology Studies and the Liberal Arts, Harvard University, Boston,
USA, November 4-5, 2001.
Participant, United Nations Expert Group Meeting on Managing Diversity
in the Civil Service, United Nations Headquarters, New York, USA, May
Participant, Workshop on Public Research Universities in the 21st
Century, University of Arizona, Tucson, USA November 11-12, 1999.
- Recipient of first Ph.D. in Science and Technology Studies at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI), Troy, USA, May 1993.