- Program Chair, Annual Meeting of 4S (Society for Social Studies of Science), San Diego, USA, October 2013.
- Program Chair, Annual Meeting of 4S (Society for Social Studies of Science) held jointly with HSS History of Science and Society) and SHOT (Society for the History of Technology), Cleveland, U.S., October, 2011.
- Invited Speaker, International Workshop on International Collaborations, National Science Foundation (NSF), Arlington, U.S., June 2−4, 2010.
- Co-Chair, Social Science Advisory Board of the National Center for Women in Information Technology (NCWIT), 2010−2012.
- Invited Participant, CEOSE Mini-Symposium on Women of Color in STEM, National Science Foundation (NSF), Arlington, U.S., October 27-28, 2009.
- Invited Participant, U.S.-Europe Workshop for Research on Gender and Diversity in Engineering Education, Delft University of Technology, Delft, The Netherlands, June 29-30, 2009.
- Invited Speaker, "The Global Status of Women in Technology" National Center for Women in Information Technology Annual Meeting, Google Headquarters, Mountain View, U.S., May 12-14, 2009.
- Invited Participant, Workshop on Centers, Universities and the Scientific Innovation Ecology, National Science Foundation (NSF), Arlington, U.S., March 26-27, 2009.
- Invited Member, Social Science Advisory Board of the National Center for Women in Information Technology (NCWIT), 2008-2010.
- Invited Participant, Workshop on National Center on Cultural Diversity in Computing and Information Technologies, Texas A&M University, College Station, U.S., April 14-15, 2008.
- Invited Speaker, "Aspirations of New Immigrants in the U.S. Workforce" National Conference on Can We Compete? Trends in America's Scientific and Technical Workforce, Commission on Professionals in Science and Technology (CPST), Washington DC, U.S., November 1-2, 2007.
- Elected Council Member, Society for Social Studies of Science (4S), 2005-2007.
- Conference Program Chair, International Association of Science, Technology and Society (IASTS), Baltimore, U.S., February 2-4, 2006 & February 1-3, 2007.
- Regents' Lecturer, University of New Mexico (UNM), Albuquerque, NM, 2003-2006.
- Invited Member, Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Task Force on Job Migration, 2004-2006.
- Organizer and Host, National
Science Foundation's Information Technology Workforce (ITWF) and
Information Technology Research/Education & Workforce (ITR/EWF)
Principal Investigator Conference, Albuquerque, U.S., October 26-28, 2003.
- Invited Participant, Workshop on beyond the Two Cultures: Science and Technology Studies and the Liberal Arts, Harvard University, Boston, U.S., November 4-5, 2001.
- Invited Participant, United Nations Expert Group Meeting on Managing Diversity in the Civil Service, United Nations Headquarters, New York, U.S., May 3-4, 2001.
- Invited Participant, Workshop on Public Research Universities in the 21st Century, University of Arizona, Tucson, U.S. November 11-12, 1999.
- Recipient of first Ph.D. in Science and Technology Studies at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI), Troy, U.S., May 1993.