Computer Policy Page
Access to the Internet is available on all of the computers in the library. Patrons may access LIBROS the online catalog, check e-mail, surf the net and do library research.
Library Computer Use Policy
All users of library computers are responsible for knowledge of and adherence to the following guidelines and policies:
- These computers are provided to assist persons taking classes at UNM-Valencia Campus with their homework, class projects, and research assignments.
- Use of the computers for recreational web browsing and other non-research functions is permitted by students and others when the machines are not busy. However, CLASS ASSIGNMENTS COME FIRST! You may be asked to vacate your terminal if it is needed for research.
- The computers may not be used for any commercial purpose.
- The user may not adjust, reconfigure, or alter the hardware properties in any way nor may you load software or non-UNM approved instant messaging or e-mail products onto the computer
- The user may not view or print any material that is sexually explicit or otherwise offensive except as part of a UNM-Valencia research project.
- The user may not engage in any form of illegal software copying or other copyright infringement.
- The user should print only what is absolutely necessary and may not print additional copies of anything. Please use the photocopy machine for copies.
- Children under the age of 14 may not use the computers at all unless they are currently enrolled in a community education computer class AND their teacher or parent is present with them at the computer.
Library Laptop Policy
The Library has 2 laptop computers available for use by students, faculty, and staff with a current and valid UNM-Valencia Campus i.d. or LOBO card.
Please see the Laptop Computer Borrowing Policy
for additional details on use, configuration, etc.